Categories

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Signs of Summer Scandi Style

I'm back in the blogosphere after two weeks 'Spring Break' holiday with the boys, and it's been a great chance to recharge the batteries after the seemingly never-ending winter and to find new inspiration for my blog as we move into Summer. There's been lots of food for thought (and well, lots of food actually).

Photo: Pinterest

We've been away in Dubai (Arabian tales to follow) but we headed into Geneva in the sunshine on Saturday and wandered around the Old Town, and I couldn't resist a visit to one of my favourite boutiques on Rue des Chaudronniers: L'Hetre.

Photo: L'Hetre

The shop is a treasure trove of jewellery and accessories - bags, scarves, hats and for Summer a small selection of clothes - beautiful kaftans, simple sandals - I could have bought the entire stock. In the end I chose a faded star scarf from Danish brand BeckSondergaard that I know I will wear constantly throughout the Summer.

Photo: Beck Sondergaard

Photo: Beck Sondergaard

The Danish design duo have created a beautiful video called "Snapshot of a Dream" that just has me dreaming of being on the beach, though I have a feeling that Wales in August is not going to look like this. Keep thinking positive thoughts.... It's good to be back.

No comments: