Categories

Friday 29 March 2013

A spring dress by Kin

Farmers may be digging lambs out of the snow in the UK and they may be forecasting freezing rain here for Easter weekend, but I have to believe Spring is tantalizingly just around the corner. Lovely new season items are creeping into my wardrobe and the one I am currently most pleased with is a denim tunic dress by new UK label Kin.

Dress by Kin/John Lewis

Denim has had a bit of a revamp for S/S 2013 and is looking a lot more luxe than it has done of late. The fabric has become more fluid and versatile and whilst still hard wearing and classic, it is now lending itself to re-interpretation by various designers, so think beyond your jeans and a denim jacket ladies - you'll be surprised by what you might find.

Miu Miu S/S 2013/Photo: Style.com

DKNY S/S 2013

John Lewis is my one stop shop when I have a moment's shopping time to myself in the UK and I was really pleased to come across their latest in house clothing line - Kin - last time I was in there. Launched in February and promising to be a 'family, lifestyle' brand, John Lewis is aiming firmly at the Toast and Cos market with this collection. It has a pared back Scandinavian aesthetic, promising contemporary laid-back styles with a classic feel. The men and children in your life can also get in on the act and it is very much a mix and match affair so these are items to add to your wardrobe and wear for years, as opposed to the fast fashion we are so often force fed these days. The pricepoint is excellent and The Observer listed Kin in their 'Style highlights for 2013' column, so I'm feeling rather ahead of the game. My tunic dress is a perfect example of the brand's timeless and effortless look and the perfect interpretation of the Spring/Summer luxe denim trend, so I can't wait to wear it with some block heel sandals, bare legs and a tan. Wishful thinking maybe, but we'll get there.

John Lewis Kin/Photo: Boo George




No comments: